psngameshare [PGS]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting Method

4 posters

Go down

Voting Method Empty Voting Method

Post  no1kevlin Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Thought I'd carry this on in a new thread.

I agree with what BMF suggests. It is best that we vote on games otherwise everyone will have an effective veto and that seems a bit silly as we will be getting these games at 1/4 price which is good in anyones book (even if as he says it is for a game that you will rarely play).

As for if we get a tie, what with us being four in number I don't know how a virtual rock, paper scissors would work out! I suggest as a tie-breaker we assign one choice to 'odd' and one to 'even' and then we see what number ball gets drawn on the Saturday UK lotto to decide. Silly idea or..?

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Voting Method Empty Re: Voting Method

Post  karbine123 Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:40 pm

It's a nice Idea about the balls, apart from we would have to wait 2/3 days for it Very Happy
I just thought of this idea, http://www.random.org/coins/?num=1&cur=60-usd.0100c-washington
I couldn't find a UK coin so it had to be the classic $1 Washington. Heads we get, Tails we don't get.
How does that sound? but proof would be hard.
Surely there are other methods

karbine123
Admin

https://psngameshare.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:13 pm

there is an online rock paper scissors game somewhere. ill post link to it later if you want.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:39 pm

I was thinking about this again in the shower, I know too much info, anyways, I think if there is a tie then the game should not be purchased. To force 50% of the membership to get a game that they would not ever play doesn't seem right. The other 50% that wants the game can still gameshare the game between them or just buy it straight out. So the yes 50% has options where the no 50% do not - this is my logic.

This is just a suggestion for discussion to try and figure this out, although it seems unlikely to ever be a major problem for us. Smile

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:59 am

Sounds reasonable to me bmf. If 50% of us don't want a game then it probably won't be any good anyway!

With the price split 4 ways we'll probably agree to get a few on the chance it's good anyway! Very Happy It's been nice having no new games for a couple of weeks anyway as I can't afford to buy everything that will come to PSN store but I won't sneak out if I get outvoted on a buy!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:44 pm

to be honest, i will almost always vote yes, mainly because even if i dont think it loks that good, i still wouldnt mind giving them a try, and we are getting them for really cheap, so why not.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:01 pm

And that's the truth. A lot of games I would never buy myself as I couldn't justify the cost butat a quarter of the price even the average ones are a bargain

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum