psngameshare [PGS]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killzone Demo

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Killzone Demo Empty Killzone Demo

Post  bmfinc Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Hey guys - apparently only EU/UK (do you guys like being called part of europe? or are you on your own?) get the killzone demo, when it comes out would one of you like to install it on the gameshare account. I really want to check this bad boy out! Thanks!

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Killzone Demo Empty Re: Killzone Demo

Post  karbine123 Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:02 pm

yeh sure thing. Game looks pretty good. i prefer to be called out own, just feels even more special Suspect
ha. Yeh.

karbine123
Admin

https://psngameshare.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:23 pm

I heard it was only available to people who pre-order from certain retailers. Gamestop are giving out the codes in US for demo starting on Feb 5th. Not sure about UK or OZ.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:41 pm

The preorder demo is for the us, but fanboy said that all of EU gets the demo.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:39 pm

I hadn't read that! Pretty good news. I'm pretty much sold on getting it anyway but it's always nice to be able to try out thr control mechanics before getting the game home and finding out there is one awkward thing that ruins an otherwise excellent game for you.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickyt888 Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:10 am

Oz will be last i know that:p

Mickyt888

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:31 pm

I just want the demo too see if the game is worth buying or not.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:10 am

I preordered last night and I got the demo code! It starts feb 2.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:07 am

Nice one bmf, you'll have to let us know how it plays. Our demo isn't available until Feb 26th. A whole day before the game hits the shelves!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:06 pm

can you put demo on gameshare? or dont it work like that?

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:13 am

I dont know how it works - i shoudl double check the feb 2 date.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:50 pm

im sure that itll work meshared. you know if the demo is multiplayer or not? itd be pritty cool if it was.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:33 pm

I dont know if it is multiplayer or not - I like you guys so much that I will put it on the psn account and we will see what happens. BTW, if you were waiting for your free qore this month there is not one as it was already free from the store.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:54 pm

lol, i never really download them qores cos they are large files and i didt have any hdd space, but i think ill start downloading them from now on, as i have enough room.

p.s cheers for stickin demo on gameshare.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:21 pm

I read the demo code card and it says that the demo can be installed on five ps3! The demo starts on Feb 5, but states that it is subject to change.

Qore - you are not missing too much, I am disappointed in it to be honest, I thought there would be more exclusive demos, other than motorstorm 2, socom beta there has not been too much for $30.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:53 am

bmfinc wrote:I read the demo code card and it says that the demo can be installed on five ps3! The demo starts on Feb 5, but states that it is subject to change.

Nice one BMF, think I might have to check that out!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:19 pm

nice one bmf

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:54 pm

just realised that the killzone 2 demo is out in europe for everyone on the same day, feb 5th. so theres no need to really put it on the gameshare account mate, uhnless micky wants it.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:14 am

Roger that you lucky buggers - let me know micky or I will just put it on my account, no biggie whatever you want.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:27 am

Did you guys try the demo? My first thoughts on it:

The AI is awesome, way harder than COD, and actually it is more exciting as the AI will do unexpected things. In COD the enemy really jsut stays in the same spot and shoots.

I have played with the sensativity but I just cant get the feel of the R and L sticks yet, maybe I am too use to COD but the movement is really pissing me off. It feels heavy to me in that it takes a long time to start movement but then it is like you have momentum and cant stop the movement and move past want you are aiming for, curious on your thoughts on this.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:54 pm

im a little bit disappointed tbh, its not as good as i was expecting, graphically it is, but just dont really like the gameplay, movement and ive read somnewhere that the whole game is set in a simalar environment, that dark boring indoor atmosphere. Ive actually cancelled my pre-order cos i dont reallyu want it anymore, they would proberly have got more sales if they dint bother releasing a demo, the hype was bigger than the demo imo.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:38 pm

The demo was fucking amazing in my eyes. Not just graphically but everything else is done right.
People need to get off their arses and not realise it's not COD.. simple as. this isn't aimed at anyone but on the forums people are complaining its crap because its not like cod. Thats the exact reason it fucking owns it white ass!
It's no next gen its fucking unreal, the AI kicks anything out of the water on both consoles. Infact especially consoles, look at gears 2 AI, they suck ass.
Ugh my love for this game goes on. Bring on the 27th. Kick me out of college I dont care just give me my Killzone
(please don't kick me out of college I have a bright future)

karbine123
Admin

https://psngameshare.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm

I am in between dom and karb - not love but stongly like Smile

What did you guys think of the controls is it touchy or is it me? I played the demo four times now I will go at it again for a few more today and try to figure it out. This is my biggest compliant by far.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:02 pm

It looks gorgeous but the controls are a bit sluggish and I wish they'd allow us a bit of leeway and let us configure the button layout ourselves instead of 'Big Brother' deciding what's best and we just have to thank them for telling us what button to use!

The AI is better than average but not reallt clever. I was crouching by the wall as my buddy opened the floodgate and they just kept moving to and fro between two pieces of cover down below without trying to flank me or cover each other while they could have come up through the doorway, usual dumb AI routine. I don't know how many times in the last twenty years I've heard that game X has the best AI ever and it is like playing against humans!

I will wait and see if I can pick up a cheap copy but I'm not bothered about buying it for full price.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:43 pm

There are six different button controler layouts - alt 2, is the same as cod, the other five are not so good.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next