psngameshare [PGS]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Game?

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Next Game? Empty Next Game?

Post  bmfinc Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:22 pm

What are you guys buying next? Too many options:
LBP
R2
Killzone 2
SOCOM (btw, the beta sucked badly)
others?
Bioshock

I am getting KZ2 for sure and not sure about LBP...

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Next Game? Empty Re: Next Game?

Post  karbine123 Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:30 pm

well i pre-ordered mercs 2 which came but I have already sold it. LoL to my brother in-law who has pre-ordered "pure" for me instead. Which Im happy about. I'm going to get far cry 2 next then bioshock as the xbox got great reviews...last year lol. I'll deffo get Killzone2 and littlebig planet. LBP jus has so much potential to out do all te un-original titles comingsuch as the shooters and RPG's. Oh im also getting fallout 3 as a none-online game when te internet goes down. How about you ben?

karbine123
Admin

https://psngameshare.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 pm

farcry 2 wilol proberly be the next game to get. Followed by lbp and socom(i really like the socom beta). waiting for reviews and things for any other games to come out none of the others look that amazing to me. Maybe killzone 2 and resistance for the multiplayer aspects.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:39 am

I had mixed feelings about socom really. The beta before the patch seems pretty terrible in terms of setting up games and getting into them but as the patch came out I slowly saw myself getting into games and having bit o fun.

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:55 pm

I just prefer that type of game more i think, realistic shooters.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:03 pm

I forgot about fallout, looks cool, I didnt know it was 100%? offline. I hear that the game is like 100 hours! That is too much committment for me I think Laughing

SOCOM - This is my first beta so maybe I am being too hard on it, I like COD4 so much right now I cant get use a game that is not a FPS. I have been thinking about playing WH again but COD4 just seems so much better now.

I am a maybe for LBP, the hype is starting to get to me, we will see. KZ2 for sure, the trailers are unreal.

I have not heard much about farcry 2, maybe I will look into it.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:47 pm

farcry 2 is a definate for me because i think it looks better than killzone and i really liked the first game But its completly personal preferance to what people will like, i dont really think its possible to say 1 game is better than another in the current generation (with some exeptions of coarse).

I dont think i will be getting fallout because it comes out roughly the same time as fable 2 and i think that looks abit better, as you can do co-op mode online aswell. and fable 1 is the best rpg ive played to date.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:33 pm

It is funny about fps, I am not liking the story mode for cod4 as it seems so fake becasue I have played online so much. It makes me wonder if I would like a game like bioshock or the story modes of R2 FC2 or KZ2.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:43 pm

I've decided against bioshock now as I can just get it really cheap for the pc and run it pretty smooth.
And the ps3 holds no many more benifits, apart from trophies. Also that super hardmode which imo is pointless.
Can't wait for far cry, pre-ordered pure and Play TV
I'll tell you what its like BMF as i remember a post on our old forums about what it was and things. Might post a quick video review too on youtube.

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:02 pm

I always play single player modes and try to complete them first before i start playing multiplayer.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:48 pm

I was meant to do that for cod4 on christmas day but everyone was like come online and I was like. How?! lol such a good game for online but I got bored of playing it like an hour everyday

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:05 pm

most games nowadays don seem to have very good singleplayer levels anymore, they seem to put more effort into multiplayer. Apart from rpg's such as oblivion, and the Amazing fable 2.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:04 pm

For me the problem with single player mode is the AI. After only playing cod4 online and now trying the single player, the single player just seems so dumb. There are 10 guys and they all just sit and shoot, not very real. Uncharted seemed to have some good AI, I always got flanked or pinned.

I have never really played any rpgs so I dont know. Dragon warrior was my first and last, and that was on NES! I got it in the mail from getting enough points from popsicle sticks - for real! Very Happy

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:01 pm

lol, nice one. I think you should try getting fallout 3 then, you might find it very good for a single player then, or if you do own an xbox, get fable 2, you wont be disapointed.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 pm

Haha wow. I wonder how many popsicle sticks you would have to save up for a game nowadays lol. Better get licking Wink haha
Was it in like a magazine or something?
lol. Yeh if you think AI is bad you haven't played mercenaries 2 [unless you have] LoL.
They might as well not even be there as they do nothing AT all lol.

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:43 am

Me and my buddy were in jr high and we figured that if we bought like $20 of popsicles we would get enough points. We had to mail them all in and so on...that was a long time ago but it is funny.

The rpgs of today scare me they just seem so huge, like a massive commitment if you want to finish it, also I am scared of getting board, but fallout does seem to look good, maybe I will rent and really try it out.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:41 pm

i got a jurasic park watch from cereal once by collecting vouchers that were on the side of the box Smile

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:12 pm

haha ben at the jurasic park watch! That film rules!!

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 pm

Smile it was amaszing when i first got it, made roaring noises and everything

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:17 pm

I finally got to see what the hype is all about with Bioshock, I DLed the demo last night. Yeah the game is pretty different but well done, so I can now say I get it. But I dont think I will actually get it, the graphics are good for now and would have been awesome a year ago, if the game was ever on sale for $30 i might pick it up for the story. I wonder if it gets boring and repetative, also I found the game always too dark.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:33 am

Yeh i also dled it. The graphics are sweet arent they, especially in the water at the beginning.
I think Ben has completed it on xbox? unless im thinking of someone else.
Give us your review ben if you have.
Demo was nice and long too, thats what i'm starting to notice lately, pretty long demos which give the customer for of an impression which is good (:

I also managed to get in on an LBP beta code yesterday too. Going to play it when I get back from work. <Bleh

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:55 pm

You got lbp! Man, I tried and was denied Evil or Very Mad , let us know what you think...I am still on the fense on if I will get it or not.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:23 pm

The beta is ace! loving it. deffo 10/10 for me.
I'm just uploading a video on youtube of me playing a level, my friend wanted to see so it so youtube would be the best idea!
Will post when its uploaded.

I love the youtube style of geting into games, the highest viewed and "hearted" are the bigger on the planet. and so you see it better.

Getting into other peoples games takes literally seconds where as i expected it to take about 10 minutes to download the map.

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:33 am

ok its uploaded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoWiWaXAnwY
sorry about half way through, to get ridof the jetpack you have to shake the controller, my phone was strategically taped to the back of my controller :/ lol

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:29 pm

lol, i got the lbp beta aswell. and it a pritty good game. loks like it could be quite fun, but i think theres gonna be better games coming out in october tbh, its definatly worth getting but it seems like it coulld get a bit boring because the levels are pritty classical platforming. Another thing is that i need to get another isp as my current one is really really rubbish.

EDIT:I have completed bioshock yeah. And its a really really good game. its definatly worth getting. Its got a really really good storyline, and playing it in the dark is actually really scary, i can remember this one bit where your walking through this engine rom type thing, and suddenly all the lights turn off, and the screen is completely dark and you can hear thing, and suddenly the lights come back on and this man is just stood in front of you, ive never been so on edge in a game ever. The graphics are very very good aswell.

RE-EDIT:nice level on lbp coxy

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next