psngameshare [PGS]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Platinum Trophies

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Platinum Trophies Empty Platinum Trophies

Post  no1kevlin Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:08 am

Well I'm finally two trophies away from the Platinum on Mercs2 and I reckon I should get them in the next day or two as I'm on nights this week so I get the house to myself in the day! Despite the many bugs and glitches in this game I've had a great time playing it as it's loads if fun! Not as easy to Platinum as some say but by no means impossible for the average gamer.

This will make seven Platinum trophies! On to GTA4 next although I think I'll struggle to Platinum it as the online is still broken. I'll just work on getting all the other trophies and hope they fix it by the time I'm done!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Platinum Trophies Empty Re: Platinum Trophies

Post  bmfinc Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:56 am

Wow, seven is a lot of bling, that is a serious gaming achievement, I am not sure if I will ever get one, good job! Smile

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:28 am

bmfinc wrote:Wow, seven is a lot of bling, that is a serious gaming achievement, I am not sure if I will ever get one, good job! Smile

Cheers bmf. Burnout, PoP and BuzzTV were pretty straightforward. Uncharted is only hard on Crushing difficulty and that gets easy after a few runs through! LBP has a few time consuming trophies and a couple levels that are quite tricky to ace but not bad overall. CoDWaW wasn't too hard except for the last two levels on Veteran difficulty, they showed no mercy and bust my balls for days!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:25 pm

I aint got any platinums, and i dont think i have the patience to get most of them. I just get bored if im not having fun. Been looking at trophies on lbp though, and they dont seem to hard. hopefully ill have it next weekend.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:00 pm

no1kevlin wrote:
bmfinc wrote:Wow, seven is a lot of bling, that is a serious gaming achievement, I am not sure if I will ever get one, good job! Smile

Cheers bmf. Burnout, PoP and BuzzTV were pretty straightforward. Uncharted is only hard on Crushing difficulty and that gets easy after a few runs through! LBP has a few time consuming trophies and a couple levels that are quite tricky to ace but not bad overall. CoDWaW wasn't too hard except for the last two levels on Veteran difficulty, they showed no mercy and bust my balls for days!

I finally got around to finishing COD5 last week just to get to the zombies, I completed the game on just regular, and I cannot imagine on veteran, it was aggrevating enough!

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:34 pm

bmfinc wrote:
I finally got around to finishing COD5 last week just to get to the zombies, I completed the game on just regular, and I cannot imagine on veteran, it was aggrevating enough!

Worse thing about Veteran is the grenades. You are a bullet magnet at all times but as soon as you take cover about six grenades land at your feet! This happens EVERY time even if there was only one enemy about 200yds away when you took cover!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:05 pm

Finished LotR Conquest this morning for Platinum number 8! I finished Cuboid as well; that should have a Platinum trophy it was so hard! Spent about two hours on one puzzle! My head actually hurt after all the thinking!

On to Fallout 3 now, although I really want to play that Bond game before KZ2 comes out and eats up all the online players from every other game!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:26 pm

What is your trophy level now? How how does it go?

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 pm

The last couple got me just onto level 11. It will go on forever. I think I have about 550 trophies now. I hope they do that trophy room in Home like they talked about ages ago; be nice to see em all together instead of just in lists on the XMB.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:29 am

You must be in the top 5% of gamers with that many I would guess...maybe sony will notice and invite you into betas and stuff. That is how I would do it.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dominato Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:26 pm

yeah, they might. Anyone with that many trophies shows you must enjoy gaming, and will be a good beta tester. you never know Smile

dominato

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Be nice if they would but if they did send me an invite I'd probably never get it as my main account is a US one with a bogus address!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:22 pm

thats a high level kev mate. im only on 7 haha

karbine123
Admin

https://psngameshare.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:07 am

Got my SEGA Megadrive Collection Platinum. Nine Platinums now!

It got me up to Level 12 as well. The Platinum trophy only gave me an extra 3% on level 12!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:39 am

man you are popping them outta there like no tomorrow kev!
Thats awesome. congrats Very Happy

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:21 pm

aw man, thats pritty cool. Ive turned into an acheivement whore on xbox. acheivements are so uch better that trophies.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickyt888 Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:34 pm

no1kevlin wrote:Got my SEGA Megadrive Collection Platinum. Nine Platinums now!

It got me up to Level 12 as well. The Platinum trophy only gave me an extra 3% on level 12!

lol ffs man:p

i got the sega collection i will platinum that soon

Mickyt888

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:52 pm

I have no idea how achievements can be better than trophies? they are the same bloodying thing!! haha

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:24 pm

How many sega classic games do you have to finish to get the platnum trophy?

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 pm

cos everyone can see your acheivements, it is shown right next to your name. Nobody every looks at trophies, and it takes about half an hour to load up the bloody things. If kev didnt tell me he was getting all these trophies, i wouldnt even know, cos i dont wanna look through every1s trophie list. It displayed right next to the bloody name!!!

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:36 am

I like the fact that trophies are actually things you can look at and each one is diefferent rather than just being a score like achievements. I also like that you get a special Platinum trophy for completing the game instead of just seeing a 1000pts total.

It would be better if, like Dom said, the total of trophies and your level was displayed next to your psn id as it does take a while to check even your oen never mind look at anyone elses. Maybe they'll fix it in a future firmware update.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickyt888 Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:47 am

I like trophies better because of the platinum thats all really and i don't like achievements dunno why.

How you beat the dr robotinic guy???

Mickyt888

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:22 pm

It would be better if they loaded faster or always showed. Good points. Or gave you new stuff in Home.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:37 am

Mickyt888 wrote:
How you beat the dr robotinic guy???

Just save every couple of beans and if it goes tits up then go and reload one of the saves from earlier.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickyt888 Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Thx yeh i got it after awhile im on 7 platinums but so close too 9

Mickyt888

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next