psngameshare [PGS]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farcry2 thread

4 posters

Go down

Farcry2 thread Empty Farcry2 thread

Post  no1kevlin Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:14 am

After all the talk of Farcry2 I've been checkin it out and think I might get it. I hope they do a demo so I can try out the controls. Be nice if they have fully customizeable button layout. I can't afford it but I looked at my shelf of games last night and there are at least six games I've not played in ages and with all the new games I've got I probably won't play them again so am thinking of trading them in

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Farcry2 thread Empty Re: Farcry2 thread

Post  karbine123 Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:53 am

I would keep them in for a rainy day kevin! Very Happy
Plus, trading games in is such a loss in money as compared to ebay where instead of game shops buying to sell on again, Ebayers buy to consume [so to speak].
One problem is it takes a while to sell, but in that time you can really decide if you are actually wanting to sell it or not.
Usually what I do.
I should recieve my order this morning, so i'm not coming into school as I have a "free" lesson first as it's called and getting the bus after that. I can't wait Very Happy

karbine123
Admin

https://psngameshare.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:04 pm

I got my copy yesterday. My god.
Its brilliant! Single player is amazing, graphically and gameplay is stunning. As soon as you see the light shining through te tree branches and onto your gun you know this is living Smile. LoL. Multiplayer doesn't rival cod4, not at all but its still great with the map creator [which is hard at first]. I didn't buy the game for multiplayer however. A decent single player that doesn't require te MP to boost up its ratings and reviews.

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:40 pm

Thanks for the description of the game it helps me out. Is it too open world like gta (having to do too much stuff before even starting a mission) or is it more balanced?

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 pm

If you have ever played just cause for the ps2/xbox 360 you will know what its like. Its alot bigger than GTA, and so annoying if you are set a mission over at the other end of the map. it takes ages. I guess thats where the 100 hours worth of gameplay comes from Wink ha. you don't have to do anything before a mission as usually there are medi packs everwhere. stocking up on weapons is fun to buy them, you use an old early 90's computer to order them, like a website! lol. thats afrika for you Wink < sorry lol
Its balanced though, you can also do side missions, for the weapons dealer, therefore unlocking more weapons for you to buy. also loads more mission styles, a man who orders you to take hits on people etc.

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:47 pm

All sounds good except for the reference to Just Cause, I had that game on 360 and it was mince!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:43 pm

is mince a good thing or not? lol.. I found just cause aweful for the ps2 apparently it was much better on the 360? The map was far too huge for the game, and all of it was pretty much trees. Man it was so annoying.

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:29 am

Mince + Rubbish! It cost me nothing as I just downloaded it but after playing for 20 minutes I couldn't stand it anymore and binned it!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 pm

ive been away for the past 3 days, so i havent played farcry 2 for that long, but it is definatly the best single player game that will come out before christmas. its really really amazing. online however is abit poor.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:09 am

I've been hearing bad things about the online modes. Although the single player seems greati think I'll have to wait and maybe pick up a cheap copy next year as I've too many games on the go at the minute and new cod is due soon!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:15 am

I dont go the forums much, what is wrong with online? How is the map editor?

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:32 pm

THE MAP EDITOR IS REALLY REALLY GOOD. BUT ONLINE PLAY DOES NOT LIVE UP TO THE STANDARDS OF THE SINGLE PLAYER, WHICH IS DISSAPOINTING. BUT COD5 IS OUT SOON WHICH IS KNOWN FOR ITS MULTIPLAYER,
sorry caps

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:35 pm

Map Editor is very very detailed. However the controls are really weird when it comes to moving with the analogs. you have to try it to see what I mean, they are not your usual standard controls. Would prefer a mouse though to create maps

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:49 pm

i prefer a mouse for fps in general

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content