psngameshare [PGS]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COD5 Thread

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

COD5 Thread Empty COD5 Thread

Post  bmfinc Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:24 pm

I played about an hour last night on multiplayer, no single player for probably a week or so. Anyways, here is my quick review, please note that COD4 was really my first FPS ever so unlike everyone else in the world WWII is new to me, Very Happy

Good:
* the weapons felt great, I actually like the smaller clips and the old feel, cod4 weapons are so that sometimes they could almost steal the show, with these weapons I had to be more tatical
* the five or so maps I played had good layouts, maybe I was just excited to have a change, the maps also felt realistic for the era
* release the hounds - I did it twice and loved it, I also killed a few dogs and a few dogs killed me, probably better than the chopper
* I started playing cod4 four months ago, so everyone knew the maps and were higher levels, it was nice playing games with all low/same level guys, I had a 11 and 13 kill streak so it was way easier
* i think the nades have a smaller killing area
* tanks are okay, not a big deal so far

Bad:
* the game is too dark, I dont want to crank the brightness on the tv but sometimes I could not see a person right beside me, and every level seems really dark to me
* the vegetation seems more fake
* still cant pick what game or map you want to play, get forced into games
* I dont know the maps - obvious but painful

Overall, if it is not broke dont fix it, so nothing really too new, but seeing this is a new era for me I really liked the game so far.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

COD5 Thread Empty Re: COD5 Thread

Post  no1kevlin Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:25 pm

sounds good BMF.
I was gonna wait and get a traded in copy but I just heard our local ASDA(walmart) is selling it at a minute past midnight tonight for £27 so I am buying a copy later!

Attention Karb n Dom: get your arses down to ASDA asap and get one quick before theysell out. This is legit, was in the paper earlier and I just called them for confirmation.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:47 pm

lol i have already bought it kev! Thats a right offer though. I got it 2 days early from play.com! Ha. Nice thoughts bmf, i agree with them. We need to play together

karbine123
Admin

https://psngameshare.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:15 pm

It will be cool that we all have the same game starting roughly at the same time. Are you guys doing the single player or jumping right in to the multiplayer?

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:56 am

I'll have it and be back home playing online about 0015hrs so if you guys are on we can get a party going.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:27 pm

ive only got 30 quid so i cant really buy it from anywere atm. kevin, do you know if they are still selling them for 27 now?

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:38 pm

They said it is until the16th, Sunday, but is also while stocks last. Get down today and buyone.

PS. When I got there last night there was a right queue of nerds there that I had to join. I felt like a right dickhead! Game was worth it though!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:42 pm

went to get it after college, and they ran out Sad
I got paid more than i thought i would though, so i ended up being able to buy that aswell as fallout Smile
and i have to say, what ive seen from the campaign, it looks really good. and the trophies look easy to get for you trophy whores.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:57 pm

Niceone. We should all go on co-op campaign tonight!

As for the trophies being easy: have you tried veteran difficulty yet? It's ridiculously hard, even with jack bauer by your side!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:56 am

no1kevlin wrote:They said it is until the16th, Sunday, but is also while stocks last. Get down today and buyone.

PS. When I got there last night there was a right queue of nerds there that I had to join. I felt like a right dickhead! Game was worth it though!

This is a funny post, I also like to think I am a cool guy surrounded by gaming nerds Very Happy

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:29 am

haha. Made me laugh also. And it reminds me when i waited for the midnight opening for gta, so many geeks!! All there just waiting. The best part of that night was when the group got split up into 2 rows, 360 que and ps3 que! You could see everyone eyeing everyone up, it was like there was going to be a green street style fanboy fight! Lol

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:17 pm

lol, which que was bigger?

I am wanting to complete it on my own first, then i will play co-op. I am doin it on harden ed atm and its a bit tricky, so i can imagine it being quite hard on veteran, but thats what im gonna do after ive finished it on hardened.

Multiplayer is also fun. but atm most my time goes into single player.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Im playing through on veteranand at mission 5 now. It's so hard! Two hits or a grenade(which every enemy throws two at a time!) anywhere near you and your dead!

btw my reason for getting my arse kicked online the other night was because you chose search n destroy. I don't see point in playing that mode until you are perked up, have the right weapons and know the maps. I'll play a bit more tdm until I can get access to war mode then I'll play that and hq until I'm ready for s n d.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:07 pm

ah i see kev. Could you hear me and ben talking? Lol

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:34 am

you sounded like a right pair of Yorkshire puddings! Smile

I just bought a cheap headset of fleabay so if it works you'll be able to hear my monotonous drone soon!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:16 pm

haha. Yorkshire puddings! Thats awesome.
Oh good to hear you got one, let us know when you get it all working.

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:36 pm

ive started on veteran no, done the first mission.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:39 pm

No one could hear me the other day when I used the mic on my PSeye camera so I went on fleabay and splashed out some cash and bought a copy of socom for ps2 with a USB headset for £2! I hope it works!

I started an 'Official CoDWaW Thread' over on PS3Forums.com in the PS3 Games forum. I started it before anyone else got in an 'official' thread cos I wanted to see if I could get a thread going that would reach a thousand posts but it is starting to slip towards the bottom of the page! Help save my thread by making a post on it and keep my dream of a thousand post thread alive!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 am

I'll post in your thread if you want me to.
We should go on tonight. I'm just unsure with the timezones when we can all get together..

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:13 pm

Nice one, I'd appreciate it if each time you visit the forum you put a quick post in my thread.

I'm on early turn for the next few days so go to sleep about 2200hrs. Will be on about 2000hrs if you want to invite me. I'm not interested in playing s&d yet though!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:21 pm

The chances are that ill be on between them times anyway. Might be doing single player though, trying to complete it on veteran.

dominator

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:09 pm

I am too and it's driving me nuts! A couple of hits or a grenade near you and its all over and they seem to have rapid fire on their bolt-action rifles!

I am up to mission 7 now and not sure how many more my patience can take! If only you were allowed to have two saved games then I could have a quick blast through the whole game on normal before getting back to the pure horror of veteran difficulty!

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  bmfinc Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:15 pm

I am going to finish it on normal and probably that is it for me, I like the multiplayer more so I will spend most of my time there. The other night the multiplayer did not save my progress, man I was pissed.

I am almost embaressed to ask, but what the heck, what is the bottom line on the screen? It is a long thin line that goes from one side to the other, it is also on COD4.

bmfinc

Back to top Go down

Post  no1kevlin Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:11 am

Its just the game loading, nothing to worry about bmf.

no1kevlin

Back to top Go down

Post  karbine123 Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:47 am

oh right. I thought you meant the xp gained bar. Lol

karbine123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content